Thank A Police Officer Day Printable
Tomorrow, September 21st, is National Thank A Police Officer Day! These men and women go to work each day and stand between us and whatever may arise. They've seen things they'll never be able to forget, and witnessed the absolute worst of humanity.
Their profession has also received a lot of negative press in recent years, resulting in a shortage of new recruits. Let's show our Police Officers we appreciate all they do, and thank them for risking their lives to keep us safe on a daily basis!
What We Can Do
My daughter recently drew a picture for the Police Officer at their school, and not only did it bring awareness to her that he was there to help keep her safe, it put a big smile on his face.
I've left the back blank so you can write a little note of thanks if you like. You could even attach a gift card for coffee, or, my 7 year old's suggestion, a candy bar! :)
- Share a positive story about law enforcement, either in-person or on social media.
- Wear blue clothing in support of police officers.
- Turn on a blue light outside of your home or apartment.
- Organize an event in your community to support police officers.
- Read a book about law enforcement or the police, such as The Police in America: An Introduction.
- Watch a film about police, such as Serpico, The French Connection, Dirty Harry, or In the Heat of the Night.
- Watch a television show about police officers.
I'd love if you would share your positive stories about how Police have helped in your community in the comments below as well as any additional suggestions you have for showing our appreciation.
Click the image below to download the free thank a Police Officer printable.